Accomplished Arkansas Employment and Labor Law Attorneys Offer Sound Counsel to Managers
Experienced firm helps businesses in the Little Rock area manage issues relating to workers
Regardless of your company’s size or the industry in which it operates, complying with labor laws and maintaining positive relations with employees is an essential aspect of a successful business. Wallace, Martin, Duke & Russell PLLC provides employers in the Little Rock area and throughout Arkansas with day-to-day counsel on compliance issues, representation during the collective bargaining process and strong advocacy in cases stemming from worker complaints. Whatever the particular task entails, our knowledgeable employment lawyers are dedicated to helping your business achieve its objectives.
Dedicated lawyers advise clients on compliance issues
Keeping apprised of the latest developments in Arkansas and federal laws that control workplace matters can seem like a full-time occupation. To keep you focused on your real job — running and promoting your business — our firm handles all types of compliance matters. We can simplify the complex standards associated with workers’ compensation issues and laws such as:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA)
Bringing in a qualified attorney to assist with compliance concerns could be a valuable investment that saves you from serious problems down the road.
Skillful advocates handle various types of employment disputes
Even a careful employer is subject to legal disputes that can drain company resources if those disputes are not handled correctly. Our firm advocates on behalf of small and large businesses in a wide range of cases stemming from:
- Discrimination and harassment claims — If a worker alleges that they were victimized by unlawful discrimination or sexual harassment, we investigate the claim thoroughly and press to defeat unwarranted claims.
- Termination and severance matters — Regardless of the reason, it’s important to end an employment relationship in the right manner. We advise clients on dismissal grounds, severance agreements, noncompete rules and nondisclosure pacts.
- Union contracts and grievances — Our knowledge of labor law helps businesses deal with collective bargaining disputes, individual grievances and allegations of illegal anti-union activity.
- Wage and benefit disputes — We defend employers in wage and overtime disputes and explain the often intricate details associated with ERISA actions arising from retirement and health insurance plans. In each instance, we seek to limit problems and expense associated with these conflicts.
- OSHA complaints — Safety is a paramount concern, but the relevant rules are complex. When a concern exists, our lawyers develop an effective strategy for companies.
With a strong background in administrative matters, settlement negotiations, mediation, arbitration and trial advocacy, we work diligently to obtain the best possible solution in an expedient manner.
Knowledgeable advisers draft effective workplace documents
Without strong workplace rules and clear, enforceable contracts, your business could be at risk. Drawing on our experience in litigation and advisory matters, we create documents that safeguard what you’ve built. These documents include:
- Workplace manuals and policies
- Employment and union contracts
- Noncompete and nondisclosure agreements
- Termination and severance documents
- Reports on workplace incidents
For situations involving these and other documents, we don’t just draft the paperwork but also ensure that you are comfortable with the particular language and that each word accurately reflects your interests.
Contact Arkansas employment and labor lawyers available to protect your business
Wallace, Martin, Duke & Russell PLLC represents businesses in labor and employment law matters throughout Arkansas. Call us at 501-375-5545 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Little Rock office.